Tuesday 20 September 2011

Tirza in the afternoon?

More views of - or at - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


21 September

I'm thinking that it would be good to revisit this film, before saying anything much about it, which means being around for 1.00 - we shall just have to see whether that works...

The reason for doing so is that, now that I know where it goes, I'd like to feel the psychological realities afresh: at the moment, I still think of Engelby, the novel by Sebastian Faulks, and cannot tell whether I am convinced by the unfolding, or feel that it is a misunderstood peg on which the narration hangs. (It's also based on a novel, so I'm necessarily judging what has been done with that text.)



Tweet away @TheAgentApsley

No comments: