Thursday 19 January 2012

More on AI: Boxie

More views of - or after - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


20 January

Another item that I find of interest at Writer's Rest, where I have posted:

Well, I have to ask: would an investigator from the IRS using such an interface remain as cute in many people's eyes for very long...?

And my AOL sign-on page bombards me with images of people getting hostile and rough with their no less cute PC in an effort to get me to sign on for their System Mechanic (another piece of sotware probably likely to make worse a situation of functionality that is tolerable).

The point being that for someone who sees beyond the 'face' and sees it in a reductionist way as housing just cameras, not real eyes, and the means of controlling the traction and 'the voice', there is nothing to like, and there is nothing capable of feeling any dislike.

It's not, after all, like shouting at the cat when she asks for food and then, if she persists, locking her out!


No comments: