Wednesday 9 November 2011

More unlikely than Mary Poppins

More views of - or after - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


10 November

Any excuse to mention Julie Andrews (as sharp-eyed readers of this blod - blog? - will have noticed)!

When I saw this advert*, though, imagine what I thought:


C. COLE

Chimney Sweeping


It should have been - but I missed it - the pun on the surname with what is burnt, and the smoke goes up the chimney...

No, what I thought was 'Oh dear, poor Cheryl must be down on her luck!' (or not, as chimney sweeps have some sort of claim to luck).

The rest of the advert suggests otherwise, but I'm wondering whether using the name Craig, and dressing as a bloke, might be an excuse to get into people's premises - only to strip off the overalls (held together with velcro, of course) and start performing a few vocal numbers.

It would certainly be a new take on home entertainment...


* It's in a glossy listings magazine, imaginatively called The Listing, that gets delivered to residents of the villages in my area.


No comments: